Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Planning Planning Planning

I'm still in planning mode around here. Schedules, syllabi, chore lists are all being typed into word documents. All the kids, especially Beany tend to get into trouble when I am at the computer too much so this is all being done in the early morning hours or when they are asleep in the evenings.
This is part of what I love - the planning. I don't know what it is but having it all before me, neatly organized, ready to go, is so worth the time it took all summer. I always enjoyed this part about being a classroom teacher, and learned, as I am learning now, that for me, "failing to plan is planning to fail". There are some moms I know that take a less intense approach to the planning. It suits them better not to plan so much. They are excellent teachers. I guess it's a personality thing.
I'll be back with the results of these days of planning, and hopefully more great pictures of the kids. They are having a great summer!

No comments: