Thursday, May 3, 2012

My First Blogger Award!



Wow!  I am honored to receive my first blogger award!  Thank you to St. Francis De Sales Homeschool for the "Versatile Blogger Award". 
Here are the rules:
  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
  • Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
  • Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact those bloggers and let them in on the news.
Okay, seven things about myself....  Hmmm. Grab a cup of coffee or something with caffiene because this wont be too exciting! :)

1 - I had my 6th baby at the young age of 46.

2 - My oldest son is headed to Hillsdale College in the fall, and my baby is 1.

3 - My favorite vacation is camping - anywhere.  I like condo's on a beach too, but tent camping is my all time favorite.  Hotels are too confining for this family with 5 rough and rowdy boys!

4 - I was a classroom teacher for 10 years before I started homeschooling.  I loved the classroom but I love teaching my own children even more.

5 - My favorite time of the school year is the planning time!  I love to plan and I love to look at new curriculum.  Nothing is more exciting than a blank spreadsheet just waiting to be filled in!

6 - I don't like jelly beans!

7 - My favorite meal is anything eaten with my husband in a nice, quiet and peaceful atmosphere.  So PB&J in the car in a parking lot works just fine!

Now I'm supposed to pass this award on to 15 recently discovered blogs.  I will admit that not all 15 of these are recently discovered, but if you haven't discovered them I highly recommend them!

1. St. Francis Homeschool Blog
2. Seven Little Australians and Counting
3. By Sun and Candlelight
4. Harmony Art Mom
5. Wildflowers and Marbles
6. A Lee in the Woudes
7. Busy With Blessings
8. Like Mother Like Daughter
9. Shower of Roses
10. Sweetness and Light
11. Grace in Loving Chaos
12. Family in Feast and Feria
13. Finding Elegant Simplicity
14. My Symphony
15. Flowing Streams
















7 comments:

Barb said...

Thank you so much for the award. :)

I am so glad that you are enjoying my blog and I hope to continue inspiring you.

It looks like you have a full and busy life with your homeschooling!

Jenny said...

Becky, many congratulations to you, versatile indeed!! I'm humbled and honored you thought of me. I'm so glad to see you started posting again; can't wait to keep reading more : D

Jessica Gordon said...

Thank you! God bless you and your family!

Maryan said...

Thanks Becky!! We share a lot of things in common too! PB&J, teaching for ten years,... although I was 39 with number 6. 46 is impressive!!!

Lori said...

It's great to discover new blogging friends! Blessings to you all!

Caroline said...

I wrote a thank you to you on my blog, and then I realized you might not even see it!! So, thank you for the lovely award! I don't know that I have 15 other blogs to link to, but I do appreciate you thinking of meand linking to my blog! Have a great day!

Erin said...

Thank you:) have finally accepted:)
http://sevenlittleaustralians.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/versatile-blogger-award.html