Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nature Hike!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day we decided to head to the local nature center for a hike.  We had some friends join us so it was extra special.  I don't know why I drag my feet on this sort of thing!  Being out in the fresh air, getting some much needed exercise, and helping my kids develop those skills of observation is always so rewarding.    I enjoyed listening to the kids talk about their experience on the 30 minute drive back to the house.  There was mention of bat houses and bee's hives, snakes, deer scat, wooly bears and the trail we couldn't find.  Social Butterfly and her friend made little notebooks to record all their findings.  Builder wants to go back again today.  He reminds me of Night Owl in his enthusiasm for being in the woods. 
You can tell from these pictures that everyone seemed to have a good time. 




It was a beautiful day!

No comments: